Berry Berry Good For You
Berries are one of nature’s super foods. Want to know why?
- Are rich in a variety of nutrients that are great for digestion and immunity. They are high in fibre and low in calories.
- Contain powerful antioxidants that protects your cells from becoming damaged and may prevent cancer by inhibiting the abnormal division of cells.
- May help normalize glucose levels and therefore may be helpful to people with diabetes.
- Can help prevent age-related cognitive decline and degeneration of eyesight.
- Like the rest of the berry family, the bright colour of strawberries is due to their high concentration of antioxidants.
- Strawberries help slow the decline of age-related loss of cognitive and motor skills. The nutrients in strawberries nourish brain cells increasing brain health and function.
- Supplementing strawberries into your diet is said to help prevent and fight arthritis, gout, diseases of the eye, and cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure.