Orange Juice and Health
OJ’s taste and nutritional value make it an old school fave
Stating the obvious, it’s packed with vitamin C. It is believed to keep your immune system strong, thereby preventing infections. This vitamin has strong antioxidant properties, fighting free radicals that can lead to various diseases, including cancer and heart disease. A single glass of orange juice is found to satisfy the daily requirement of this antioxidant.
The antioxidants are also beneficial for those with inflammatory conditions, like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, etc. It is said that regular use of orange juice helps to reduce the severity of symptoms associated with these conditions.
Vitamin C aside, orange juice also contains considerable amounts of:
- Folic acid: which boosts brain health
- B vitamins: vitamin B6 is good for producing hemoglobin in the body
- Beta carotene: help prevent cell damage
- Calcium: good for bone health
- Potassium: helpful in maintaining normal blood pressure
- Orange juice is also rich in pectin, a dietary fiber, which assists maintain a healthy weight.
Get your orange juice fix from a freshly squeezed energiser juice and two & five juice!