the world of fruit encyclopedia
The passionfruit is said to of got its name from Spanish missionaries who thought parts of the plant’s flower resembled different religious symbols. Since then, it’s been very popular, particularly on top of pavlova.
- The flower of the passionfruit has a mild sedative effect, that can help to induce sleep
- The flower has also been used in the treatment of nervous and overly bratty children, bronchial asthma, insomnia, nervous gastrointestinal disorders and menopausal problems.
- Passionfruit has been used by Brazilian tribes as a heart tonic, and is still used today in South American traditional medicine.
Why they’re good for you…
The passionfruit is:
- Low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium
- High in Dietary Fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Potassium
- The nutritional value and health benefits of passion fruit make it pretty good for weight loss and maintaining optimum health
- Passion Fruit, the Eurodance/bubblegum dance group consisting of three girls of German, Spanish and Dutch descent. Named after the tropical fruit that has a refreshing aroma and intense flavour, Passion Fruit burst into the local scene with the Top Ten dance-pop “The Rigga Ding Dong Song,” in June 1999. “Their style is sweet and bouncy, with sugar coated lyrics and catchy rhythms, which reflect the characteristics of the passionfruit itself” -Wikipedia.
Get your passionfruit fix at Boost with a…
- Passion Mango Low Fat Smoothie
- Mango Tango Crush
- Mini-Me Mango Skinny Smoothie
Pineapple – There are many definitions for the word pineapple. Here are some below:
1. An old style hand grenade 2. Something that has no business being on a pizza 3. The nickname of an Australian $50 note. "The dealer said it was $45, I only had 2 lobsters (Australian $20 note) so I gave him my last pineapple." 4. A prickly, but sweet and juicy fruit.
Today, we’re discussing no. 4.
- Pineapples are members of the berry family
- During the 16th and 17th centuries, the pineapple symbolised welcome. Women crocheted pineapple doilies, made pineapple bedspreads and pineapple door knockers.
- Spongebob Square Pants Lives in an underwater pineapple house.
Why they’re good for you…
- Pineapples are packed with vitamin C and potassium. Pineapples may also have anti-inflammatory effects. It contains the enzyme bromelain, which is thought to aid digestion.
- Pineapple reduces blood-clotting and could also help to remove plaque from arterial walls.
Get your pineapple fix at Boost with a…
- Wild Berry Juice